Wednesday 5 September 2012

One Day One Photo - 4

Tuesday 4th September

My second home while I am in Milan is the Navigli - more precisely the Naviglio Grande. No, I don't camp there in a cardboard box under the bridge, but I spend quite alot of time there.

This is my cycle route to and from work. It is also where I go for short training bike rides, as well as for my running training. Finally, it is where I like to go for a drink at weekends. When Higg comes to Milan there's a good Napolitan Pizzeria where we like to go for a quick bite. So, some days I can find myself up and down the Naviglio Grande as many as 8 times!

It is definitely one of my favourite parts of Milan - and I am glad it is not far from where I live. There are also various functions that take place there. There's an antiques market every last Sunday of the month, there are exhibitions, sometimes people do filming there, there have been boat shows, and even a swimming race.

The Naviglio Grande is quite a cool place to hang out. It can get a little touristy at night, as lots of visitors to Milan hang out in the bars. But there are still lots of "local" places, and there is always a good atmosphere.

I took this picture at around 7 o'clock in the morning after a rather stormy night. There was hardly anyone around. But don't be fooled - this is quite a lively place once everyone is up and about.

No comments: